Aug 13, 2013, 3:29 PM EDT
Technically the Tigers purchased catcher Ronny Paulino’s contract from the Orioles, which is typically described as “[Team] bought [Player] from [Team].” I hate writing that, though. It sounds like they’re chattels or something. I mean, it’s not like the Orioles put Paulino in a shipping container or something.
They did send him to Toledo, though. You can decide for yourself if that’s any better.
Anyway, Paulino will provide organization depth in the event Alex Avila‘s body just falls apart after taking his five millionth foul tip. He has spent the entire season in the Orioles’ organization. Overall he’s hit well, but that includes a lot of at bats at Double-A which, c’mon, Paulino is 32 years old so he should hit at Double-A.
- George Springer placed on 7-day concussion disabled list 0
- Video: Joey Votto ejected, bumps umpire 18
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 42
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 12
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)