Aug 13, 2013, 3:29 PM EDT
Technically the Tigers purchased catcher Ronny Paulino’s contract from the Orioles, which is typically described as “[Team] bought [Player] from [Team].” I hate writing that, though. It sounds like they’re chattels or something. I mean, it’s not like the Orioles put Paulino in a shipping container or something.
They did send him to Toledo, though. You can decide for yourself if that’s any better.
Anyway, Paulino will provide organization depth in the event Alex Avila‘s body just falls apart after taking his five millionth foul tip. He has spent the entire season in the Orioles’ organization. Overall he’s hit well, but that includes a lot of at bats at Double-A which, c’mon, Paulino is 32 years old so he should hit at Double-A.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11