Aug 13, 2013, 3:29 PM EDT
Technically the Tigers purchased catcher Ronny Paulino’s contract from the Orioles, which is typically described as “[Team] bought [Player] from [Team].” I hate writing that, though. It sounds like they’re chattels or something. I mean, it’s not like the Orioles put Paulino in a shipping container or something.
They did send him to Toledo, though. You can decide for yourself if that’s any better.
Anyway, Paulino will provide organization depth in the event Alex Avila‘s body just falls apart after taking his five millionth foul tip. He has spent the entire season in the Orioles’ organization. Overall he’s hit well, but that includes a lot of at bats at Double-A which, c’mon, Paulino is 32 years old so he should hit at Double-A.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)