Aug 13, 2013, 3:29 PM EDT
Technically the Tigers purchased catcher Ronny Paulino’s contract from the Orioles, which is typically described as “[Team] bought [Player] from [Team].” I hate writing that, though. It sounds like they’re chattels or something. I mean, it’s not like the Orioles put Paulino in a shipping container or something.
They did send him to Toledo, though. You can decide for yourself if that’s any better.
Anyway, Paulino will provide organization depth in the event Alex Avila‘s body just falls apart after taking his five millionth foul tip. He has spent the entire season in the Orioles’ organization. Overall he’s hit well, but that includes a lot of at bats at Double-A which, c’mon, Paulino is 32 years old so he should hit at Double-A.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (252)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)