Aug 14, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Tampa Bay has lost six games in a row, but there is some very good news for the Rays: Alex Cobb, who’s been out since being hit on the head by a line drive on June 15, is scheduled to come off the disabled list and start tomorrow night against the Mariners.
Rays manager Joe Maddon told Sam Strong of MLB.com that Cobb will likely be limited to around 90 pitches after his recovery was delayed by a blister on his right index finger.
Cobb made a total of three rehab starts in the minors, the last of which involved allowing three runs in 4.1 innings against high Single-A hitters. Before the head injury he had a 3.01 ERA and 76/23 K/BB ratio in 84 innings for the Rays, emerging as one of the league’s best young pitchers.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 130
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 21
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 258
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (258)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)