Aug 14, 2013, 6:29 PM EST
Great news here for the second-place Rays.
According to beat reporter Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune, outfielder Desmond Jennings had no issues with his once-fractured left middle finger Wednesday while taking swings off a batting tee and is aiming to return to the Rays’ active 25-man roster on Monday evening for the opening of a big three-game series against the third-place Orioles.
Jennings was placed on the 15-day disabled list August 5 after suffering the minor middle finger fracture on a hard slide into the second base bag.
The dynamic 26-year-old was batting .258/.326/.419 with 11 home runs and 17 stolen bases in 104 games before the injury. Tampa Bay is currently four games back of Boston in the American League East.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)