Aug 14, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
Great news here for the second-place Rays.
According to beat reporter Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune, outfielder Desmond Jennings had no issues with his once-fractured left middle finger Wednesday while taking swings off a batting tee and is aiming to return to the Rays’ active 25-man roster on Monday evening for the opening of a big three-game series against the third-place Orioles.
Jennings was placed on the 15-day disabled list August 5 after suffering the minor middle finger fracture on a hard slide into the second base bag.
The dynamic 26-year-old was batting .258/.326/.419 with 11 home runs and 17 stolen bases in 104 games before the injury. Tampa Bay is currently four games back of Boston in the American League East.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)