Aug 14, 2013, 4:52 PM EST
Coming into today Marlins outfielder Justin Ruggiano hadn’t gotten a hit since July 8, going 0-for-42 during that time. Another hitless game and he would have tied or maybe even broken the modern hitless record of 45 at-bats, which is shared by Craig Counsell in 2011 and Bill Bergen in 1909.
But instead Ruggiano notched three hits today against the Royals, singling in second, fourth, and ninth innings. He was also thrown out trying to steal second base after his first hit, which is pretty hilarious for a guy who just snapped an 0-for-42 slump with an infield single.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)