Aug 14, 2013, 4:52 PM EDT
Coming into today Marlins outfielder Justin Ruggiano hadn’t gotten a hit since July 8, going 0-for-42 during that time. Another hitless game and he would have tied or maybe even broken the modern hitless record of 45 at-bats, which is shared by Craig Counsell in 2011 and Bill Bergen in 1909.
But instead Ruggiano notched three hits today against the Royals, singling in second, fourth, and ninth innings. He was also thrown out trying to steal second base after his first hit, which is pretty hilarious for a guy who just snapped an 0-for-42 slump with an infield single.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)