Aug 14, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Guerrier briefly pitched well for the Cubs after coming over from the Dodgers in the Carlos Marmol contract dump, but was shut down with elbow problems and placed on the 60-day disabled list last week.
That rules him out for the season, but if Guerrier indeed has a torn flexor muscle he’d be looking at a 6-8 month recovery timetable that would make it awfully difficult for the 35-year-old to secure a guaranteed contract for 2014. In fact, Guerrier even brought up the possibility of staying in Chicago on a minor-league deal when he talked to Levine about the injury.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 35
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)