Aug 14, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Guerrier briefly pitched well for the Cubs after coming over from the Dodgers in the Carlos Marmol contract dump, but was shut down with elbow problems and placed on the 60-day disabled list last week.
That rules him out for the season, but if Guerrier indeed has a torn flexor muscle he’d be looking at a 6-8 month recovery timetable that would make it awfully difficult for the 35-year-old to secure a guaranteed contract for 2014. In fact, Guerrier even brought up the possibility of staying in Chicago on a minor-league deal when he talked to Levine about the injury.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)