Aug 14, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Guerrier briefly pitched well for the Cubs after coming over from the Dodgers in the Carlos Marmol contract dump, but was shut down with elbow problems and placed on the 60-day disabled list last week.
That rules him out for the season, but if Guerrier indeed has a torn flexor muscle he’d be looking at a 6-8 month recovery timetable that would make it awfully difficult for the 35-year-old to secure a guaranteed contract for 2014. In fact, Guerrier even brought up the possibility of staying in Chicago on a minor-league deal when he talked to Levine about the injury.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)