Aug 14, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Guerrier briefly pitched well for the Cubs after coming over from the Dodgers in the Carlos Marmol contract dump, but was shut down with elbow problems and placed on the 60-day disabled list last week.
That rules him out for the season, but if Guerrier indeed has a torn flexor muscle he’d be looking at a 6-8 month recovery timetable that would make it awfully difficult for the 35-year-old to secure a guaranteed contract for 2014. In fact, Guerrier even brought up the possibility of staying in Chicago on a minor-league deal when he talked to Levine about the injury.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 34
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 90
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)