Aug 14, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Matt Holliday had to leave las night’s 4-3, victory over the Pirates in the 10th inning with a right ankle sprain. Good news, though: X-rays came up negative and now he’s considered day to day.
Before he left he went 2-for-4 with a walk and extended his hitting streak to 10 games. So, even if this is a good medical report, losing him for even a game against the Pirates is gonna be a blow.
And yes, I know that pic is not of Holliday getting hurt last night. I was just kinda amused that we have multiple “Matt Holliday getting injured” pics in our archive. I think Silva is responsible for most of them.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)