Aug 14, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Matt Holliday had to leave las night’s 4-3, victory over the Pirates in the 10th inning with a right ankle sprain. Good news, though: X-rays came up negative and now he’s considered day to day.
Before he left he went 2-for-4 with a walk and extended his hitting streak to 10 games. So, even if this is a good medical report, losing him for even a game against the Pirates is gonna be a blow.
And yes, I know that pic is not of Holliday getting hurt last night. I was just kinda amused that we have multiple “Matt Holliday getting injured” pics in our archive. I think Silva is responsible for most of them.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)