Aug 14, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Matt Holliday had to leave las night’s 4-3, victory over the Pirates in the 10th inning with a right ankle sprain. Good news, though: X-rays came up negative and now he’s considered day to day.
Before he left he went 2-for-4 with a walk and extended his hitting streak to 10 games. So, even if this is a good medical report, losing him for even a game against the Pirates is gonna be a blow.
And yes, I know that pic is not of Holliday getting hurt last night. I was just kinda amused that we have multiple “Matt Holliday getting injured” pics in our archive. I think Silva is responsible for most of them.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12