Aug 14, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Matt Holliday had to leave las night’s 4-3, victory over the Pirates in the 10th inning with a right ankle sprain. Good news, though: X-rays came up negative and now he’s considered day to day.
Before he left he went 2-for-4 with a walk and extended his hitting streak to 10 games. So, even if this is a good medical report, losing him for even a game against the Pirates is gonna be a blow.
And yes, I know that pic is not of Holliday getting hurt last night. I was just kinda amused that we have multiple “Matt Holliday getting injured” pics in our archive. I think Silva is responsible for most of them.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)