Aug 14, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Matt Holliday had to leave las night’s 4-3, victory over the Pirates in the 10th inning with a right ankle sprain. Good news, though: X-rays came up negative and now he’s considered day to day.
Before he left he went 2-for-4 with a walk and extended his hitting streak to 10 games. So, even if this is a good medical report, losing him for even a game against the Pirates is gonna be a blow.
And yes, I know that pic is not of Holliday getting hurt last night. I was just kinda amused that we have multiple “Matt Holliday getting injured” pics in our archive. I think Silva is responsible for most of them.
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 11
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 34
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 61
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)