Aug 14, 2013, 9:47 PM EST
Royals third baseman Mike Moustakas made an early exit from Monday’s 6-2 victory over the Marlins with tightness in his left calf muscle. He did not play Tuesday, sat out again on Wednesday and might not be ready to return to action for another several days.
Royals manager Ned Yost told Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star after Wednesday afternoon’s 5-2 loss to Miami that Moustakas isn’t making very much progress and that the “best-case scenario” would have him available for a pinch-hit appearance by Saturday or Sunday in Detroit. A retroactive stint on the 15-day disabled list has not been ruled out.
Moustakas, 24, is hitting .232/.290/.367 with 10 home runs and 30 RBI in 103 games this season for the Royals, who are currently 7 1/2 games back of the Tigers in the American League Central standings.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)