Aug 14, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Pop quiz, hotshot!
You have allowed runners on second and third in a tie game in the bottom of the ninth and you want to intentionally walk the next batter to set up a force out at every base. What do you NOT do? WHAT DO YOU NOT DO?
That was Alan Farina of the New Hampshire Fisher Cats tossing ball four of the intentional walk to the backstop, allowing the New Britain Rock Cats to win the game.
Hope Farina makes the majors someday, or else this is going to be his most famous baseball highlight ever. Heck, it may be regardless.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)