Aug 14, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Pop quiz, hotshot!
You have allowed runners on second and third in a tie game in the bottom of the ninth and you want to intentionally walk the next batter to set up a force out at every base. What do you NOT do? WHAT DO YOU NOT DO?
That was Alan Farina of the New Hampshire Fisher Cats tossing ball four of the intentional walk to the backstop, allowing the New Britain Rock Cats to win the game.
Hope Farina makes the majors someday, or else this is going to be his most famous baseball highlight ever. Heck, it may be regardless.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)