Aug 14, 2013, 5:03 PM EST
Pop quiz, hotshot!
You have allowed runners on second and third in a tie game in the bottom of the ninth and you want to intentionally walk the next batter to set up a force out at every base. What do you NOT do? WHAT DO YOU NOT DO?
That was Alan Farina of the New Hampshire Fisher Cats tossing ball four of the intentional walk to the backstop, allowing the New Britain Rock Cats to win the game.
Hope Farina makes the majors someday, or else this is going to be his most famous baseball highlight ever. Heck, it may be regardless.
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 26
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 11
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)