Aug 14, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Pop quiz, hotshot!
You have allowed runners on second and third in a tie game in the bottom of the ninth and you want to intentionally walk the next batter to set up a force out at every base. What do you NOT do? WHAT DO YOU NOT DO?
That was Alan Farina of the New Hampshire Fisher Cats tossing ball four of the intentional walk to the backstop, allowing the New Britain Rock Cats to win the game.
Hope Farina makes the majors someday, or else this is going to be his most famous baseball highlight ever. Heck, it may be regardless.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 221
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)