Aug 14, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Pop quiz, hotshot!
You have allowed runners on second and third in a tie game in the bottom of the ninth and you want to intentionally walk the next batter to set up a force out at every base. What do you NOT do? WHAT DO YOU NOT DO?
That was Alan Farina of the New Hampshire Fisher Cats tossing ball four of the intentional walk to the backstop, allowing the New Britain Rock Cats to win the game.
Hope Farina makes the majors someday, or else this is going to be his most famous baseball highlight ever. Heck, it may be regardless.
- Mets acquire center fielder Carlos Gomez from Brewers 1
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 38
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 66
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)