Aug 14, 2013, 1:16 PM EDT
Not so long ago Bonifacio looked like a potential everyday player, but the speedy switch-hitter has been terrible this season while batting .218 with three homers and a .579 OPS in 94 games for the Blue Jays after coming over from the Marlins in the Jose Reyes/Mark Buehrle/Josh Johnson blockbuster.
Miguel Tejada being on the disabled list motivated the Royals to add the 39-year-old Carroll, but Bonifacio might be viewed as an alternative to Chris Getz at second base. Or maybe they just wanted some more speed and defensive versatility on the bench.
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 0
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 14
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 5
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 4
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 32
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (116)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)