Aug 14, 2013, 1:16 PM EDT
Not so long ago Bonifacio looked like a potential everyday player, but the speedy switch-hitter has been terrible this season while batting .218 with three homers and a .579 OPS in 94 games for the Blue Jays after coming over from the Marlins in the Jose Reyes/Mark Buehrle/Josh Johnson blockbuster.
Miguel Tejada being on the disabled list motivated the Royals to add the 39-year-old Carroll, but Bonifacio might be viewed as an alternative to Chris Getz at second base. Or maybe they just wanted some more speed and defensive versatility on the bench.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)