Aug 15, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
There is an animated movie called “Henry and Me” which has been in production for several years now. It’s about a boy battling cancer who, over the course of the film, meets several Yankees legends who provide inspiration. It’s star studded, not only with ballplayers and members of the Yankees organization but also actors like Richard Gere and singers like Paul Simon.
But it doesn’t have A-Rod. At least not anymore, reports the New York Post:
Rodriguez, who did his own voice work while appearing in the upcoming animated film “Henry & Me,” will be removed from the film’s final version due to fears from investors that the Yankees third baseman, who is currently appealing a 211-game suspension for his alleged use of performance-enhancing drugs, will hurt the marketability and profitability of the picture.
The movie went into production and Rodriguez did his voice work for it after his 2009 admission that he used PEDs, but apparently this latest stuff is too much. The producers had originally cut out Hideki Matsui when he left the Yankees but will now be re-inserting his portion to cover for A-Rod at, apparently, some considerable offense.
Good to know that Matsui’s off-field interests aren’t considered a problem.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)