Aug 15, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
Kevin Kernan of the Post spoke to Alex Rodriguez. A-Rod says that he’s totally at peace:
“I really think there is no pressure on me, less than ever before. This is the calmest I’ve felt going all the way back to my days in Seattle.’’
Am I a bad person for immediately thinking of that part of David Simon’s “Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets” where the homicide detective explains that you know your suspect is guilty when he falls asleep after being left alone in the interrogation room? He knows he’s caught. His stress is over. He can finally stop worrying about when the hammer is gonna come down. He can rest. He is at peace.
Or maybe that’s just me.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 26
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 56
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)