Aug 15, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Kevin Kernan of the Post spoke to Alex Rodriguez. A-Rod says that he’s totally at peace:
“I really think there is no pressure on me, less than ever before. This is the calmest I’ve felt going all the way back to my days in Seattle.’’
Am I a bad person for immediately thinking of that part of David Simon’s “Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets” where the homicide detective explains that you know your suspect is guilty when he falls asleep after being left alone in the interrogation room? He knows he’s caught. His stress is over. He can finally stop worrying about when the hammer is gonna come down. He can rest. He is at peace.
Or maybe that’s just me.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)