Aug 15, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Alexi Ogando has struggled since coming off the disabled list three weeks ago, posting a 4.68 ERA in five starts with as many walks (11) as strikeouts (11) in 25 innings. And now he might be hurt.
Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that Ogando complained of shoulder soreness after Tuesday’s start and underwent a CT scan yesterday.
He’s already spent one stint on the disabled list with shoulder problems this season and also missed time with a biceps injury, so the Rangers’ depleted rotation is in danger of Ogando joining Matt Harrison and Colby Lewis on the shelf.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 1
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 8
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 24
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)