Aug 15, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Alexi Ogando has struggled since coming off the disabled list three weeks ago, posting a 4.68 ERA in five starts with as many walks (11) as strikeouts (11) in 25 innings. And now he might be hurt.
Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that Ogando complained of shoulder soreness after Tuesday’s start and underwent a CT scan yesterday.
He’s already spent one stint on the disabled list with shoulder problems this season and also missed time with a biceps injury, so the Rangers’ depleted rotation is in danger of Ogando joining Matt Harrison and Colby Lewis on the shelf.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)