Aug 15, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Alexi Ogando has struggled since coming off the disabled list three weeks ago, posting a 4.68 ERA in five starts with as many walks (11) as strikeouts (11) in 25 innings. And now he might be hurt.
Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that Ogando complained of shoulder soreness after Tuesday’s start and underwent a CT scan yesterday.
He’s already spent one stint on the disabled list with shoulder problems this season and also missed time with a biceps injury, so the Rangers’ depleted rotation is in danger of Ogando joining Matt Harrison and Colby Lewis on the shelf.
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 4
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 38
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76