Aug 15, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Alexi Ogando has struggled since coming off the disabled list three weeks ago, posting a 4.68 ERA in five starts with as many walks (11) as strikeouts (11) in 25 innings. And now he might be hurt.
Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that Ogando complained of shoulder soreness after Tuesday’s start and underwent a CT scan yesterday.
He’s already spent one stint on the disabled list with shoulder problems this season and also missed time with a biceps injury, so the Rangers’ depleted rotation is in danger of Ogando joining Matt Harrison and Colby Lewis on the shelf.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 52
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 12
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 32
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 34
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (184)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)