Aug 15, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Alexi Ogando has struggled since coming off the disabled list three weeks ago, posting a 4.68 ERA in five starts with as many walks (11) as strikeouts (11) in 25 innings. And now he might be hurt.
Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that Ogando complained of shoulder soreness after Tuesday’s start and underwent a CT scan yesterday.
He’s already spent one stint on the disabled list with shoulder problems this season and also missed time with a biceps injury, so the Rangers’ depleted rotation is in danger of Ogando joining Matt Harrison and Colby Lewis on the shelf.
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 13
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 46
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)