Aug 15, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
Jon Heyman of CBS Sports is reporting that former Indians corner infielder Mark Reynolds has signed a deal with the Yankees. The Indians released Reynolds on Monday as he had been slumping badly, posting a .484 OPS since the start of June. Overall, Reynolds has a .680 OPS on the season with 15 home runs.
The Yankees have had a right-handed power deficit this season, however, so Reynolds could be useful. Right-handed hitters have hit just 36 of the team’s 106 home runs and have posted an aggregate .326 slugging percentage. Comparatively, Giants outfielder Gregor Blanco has a .326 SLG on the season.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)