Aug 15, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
Jon Heyman of CBS Sports is reporting that former Indians corner infielder Mark Reynolds has signed a deal with the Yankees. The Indians released Reynolds on Monday as he had been slumping badly, posting a .484 OPS since the start of June. Overall, Reynolds has a .680 OPS on the season with 15 home runs.
The Yankees have had a right-handed power deficit this season, however, so Reynolds could be useful. Right-handed hitters have hit just 36 of the team’s 106 home runs and have posted an aggregate .326 slugging percentage. Comparatively, Giants outfielder Gregor Blanco has a .326 SLG on the season.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 59
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)