Aug 15, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
Jon Heyman of CBS Sports is reporting that former Indians corner infielder Mark Reynolds has signed a deal with the Yankees. The Indians released Reynolds on Monday as he had been slumping badly, posting a .484 OPS since the start of June. Overall, Reynolds has a .680 OPS on the season with 15 home runs.
The Yankees have had a right-handed power deficit this season, however, so Reynolds could be useful. Right-handed hitters have hit just 36 of the team’s 106 home runs and have posted an aggregate .326 slugging percentage. Comparatively, Giants outfielder Gregor Blanco has a .326 SLG on the season.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)