Aug 15, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
Jon Heyman of CBS Sports is reporting that former Indians corner infielder Mark Reynolds has signed a deal with the Yankees. The Indians released Reynolds on Monday as he had been slumping badly, posting a .484 OPS since the start of June. Overall, Reynolds has a .680 OPS on the season with 15 home runs.
The Yankees have had a right-handed power deficit this season, however, so Reynolds could be useful. Right-handed hitters have hit just 36 of the team’s 106 home runs and have posted an aggregate .326 slugging percentage. Comparatively, Giants outfielder Gregor Blanco has a .326 SLG on the season.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 8
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 15
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (82)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)