Aug 15, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
Jon Heyman of CBS Sports is reporting that former Indians corner infielder Mark Reynolds has signed a deal with the Yankees. The Indians released Reynolds on Monday as he had been slumping badly, posting a .484 OPS since the start of June. Overall, Reynolds has a .680 OPS on the season with 15 home runs.
The Yankees have had a right-handed power deficit this season, however, so Reynolds could be useful. Right-handed hitters have hit just 36 of the team’s 106 home runs and have posted an aggregate .326 slugging percentage. Comparatively, Giants outfielder Gregor Blanco has a .326 SLG on the season.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 0
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 178
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 138
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (175)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (138)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)