Aug 15, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
Three weeks after demoting Drew Storen to Triple-A the Nationals have recalled the former closer.
Storen posted an ugly 5.68 ERA in six Triple-A appearances, but he also had a fantastic 11/0 K/BB ratio in 6.1 innings and finished his stint in the International League with three straight scoreless outings.
He seems unlikely to be thrown right back into late-inning situations, but his 43/13 K/BB ratio in 42 innings before the demotion always suggested Storen would eventually regain a key bullpen role.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 19
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 35
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)