Aug 15, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
Three weeks after demoting Drew Storen to Triple-A the Nationals have recalled the former closer.
Storen posted an ugly 5.68 ERA in six Triple-A appearances, but he also had a fantastic 11/0 K/BB ratio in 6.1 innings and finished his stint in the International League with three straight scoreless outings.
He seems unlikely to be thrown right back into late-inning situations, but his 43/13 K/BB ratio in 42 innings before the demotion always suggested Storen would eventually regain a key bullpen role.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 0
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)