Aug 15, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
Three weeks after demoting Drew Storen to Triple-A the Nationals have recalled the former closer.
Storen posted an ugly 5.68 ERA in six Triple-A appearances, but he also had a fantastic 11/0 K/BB ratio in 6.1 innings and finished his stint in the International League with three straight scoreless outings.
He seems unlikely to be thrown right back into late-inning situations, but his 43/13 K/BB ratio in 42 innings before the demotion always suggested Storen would eventually regain a key bullpen role.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)