Aug 15, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
“A lot of people don’t know what’s going on in his life … He’s out there every day, won’t come out of the lineup, no matter what’s going on off the field or on the field. … Us as players, we know what’s really going on. And we appreciate him going out there every day, despite…”
That apparently made some reporters go looking for what might be going on off the field for Fielder. Some of them found it. From the Detroit Free Press:
A day after he declared that “everything’s fine,” news broke that Detroit Tigers first baseman Prince Fielder filed to end his marriage in May. According to court records in Orange County, Fla., Fielder filed a dissolution-of-marriage case on May 28, asking a judge to end his marriage to Chanel Fielder.
Wow, thanks for the tip, Torii. I’m sure Fielder really appreciates that.
But yeah, divorce sucks, and it’s understandable if it has shaken Fielder’s focus at times this season.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)