Aug 15, 2013, 11:02 AM EST
“A lot of people don’t know what’s going on in his life … He’s out there every day, won’t come out of the lineup, no matter what’s going on off the field or on the field. … Us as players, we know what’s really going on. And we appreciate him going out there every day, despite…”
That apparently made some reporters go looking for what might be going on off the field for Fielder. Some of them found it. From the Detroit Free Press:
A day after he declared that “everything’s fine,” news broke that Detroit Tigers first baseman Prince Fielder filed to end his marriage in May. According to court records in Orange County, Fla., Fielder filed a dissolution-of-marriage case on May 28, asking a judge to end his marriage to Chanel Fielder.
Wow, thanks for the tip, Torii. I’m sure Fielder really appreciates that.
But yeah, divorce sucks, and it’s understandable if it has shaken Fielder’s focus at times this season.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (110)