Aug 15, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Roberts was acquired in the middle of last season after a couple solid years with the Diamondbacks, but he hit just .229 with 11 homers and a .658 OPS in 120 games for the Rays while seeing time at second base and third base.
Roberts is 32 years old and didn’t even produce in a 24-game stint at Triple-A earlier this season, so his brief window might be just about closed.
- Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 19
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 25
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 66
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)