Aug 15, 2013, 2:44 PM EST
Roy Halladay took a major step in his recovery from shoulder surgery today, throwing six innings in a minor-league rehab game against rookie-ball hitters.
Halladay tossed six innings in the Gulf Coast League, allowing three runs on six hits and three walks while striking out four. Not an especially impressive outing versus a bunch of teenagers with minimal pro experience, but also not a terrible return to game action after missing three months.
Halladay threw 87 pitches, so he’s pretty far along in terms of building back arm strength and the Phillies have talked about being able to activate him from the disabled list by the end of the month.
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 4
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Jonson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 85
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 101
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 48
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 34
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)