Aug 15, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Bad luck for Braves infielder Tyler Pastornicky. Almost immediately after getting another shot at a big league job — filling in for Dan Uggla while he recuperates from LASIK surgery — he gets knocked out. Pastornicky left left last night’s game with a sprained left knee after colliding with right fielder Jason Heyward while trying to field a pop fly in the third inning.
He’ll have an MRI today. In the meantime, Paul Janish will take over second base. Janish has a good glove. We already know he’s good with the bat. So this should be OK.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 12
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)