Aug 15, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Bad luck for Braves infielder Tyler Pastornicky. Almost immediately after getting another shot at a big league job — filling in for Dan Uggla while he recuperates from LASIK surgery — he gets knocked out. Pastornicky left left last night’s game with a sprained left knee after colliding with right fielder Jason Heyward while trying to field a pop fly in the third inning.
He’ll have an MRI today. In the meantime, Paul Janish will take over second base. Janish has a good glove. We already know he’s good with the bat. So this should be OK.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)