Aug 15, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Bad luck for Braves infielder Tyler Pastornicky. Almost immediately after getting another shot at a big league job — filling in for Dan Uggla while he recuperates from LASIK surgery — he gets knocked out. Pastornicky left left last night’s game with a sprained left knee after colliding with right fielder Jason Heyward while trying to field a pop fly in the third inning.
He’ll have an MRI today. In the meantime, Paul Janish will take over second base. Janish has a good glove. We already know he’s good with the bat. So this should be OK.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)