Aug 15, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Bad luck for Braves infielder Tyler Pastornicky. Almost immediately after getting another shot at a big league job — filling in for Dan Uggla while he recuperates from LASIK surgery — he gets knocked out. Pastornicky left left last night’s game with a sprained left knee after colliding with right fielder Jason Heyward while trying to field a pop fly in the third inning.
He’ll have an MRI today. In the meantime, Paul Janish will take over second base. Janish has a good glove. We already know he’s good with the bat. So this should be OK.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 40
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)