Aug 15, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Bad luck for Braves infielder Tyler Pastornicky. Almost immediately after getting another shot at a big league job — filling in for Dan Uggla while he recuperates from LASIK surgery — he gets knocked out. Pastornicky left left last night’s game with a sprained left knee after colliding with right fielder Jason Heyward while trying to field a pop fly in the third inning.
He’ll have an MRI today. In the meantime, Paul Janish will take over second base. Janish has a good glove. We already know he’s good with the bat. So this should be OK.
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 33
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 86
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. 95
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)