Aug 16, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
The new good is that the injury is potentially minor enough that Ogando hasn’t been placed on the disabled list yet, although Anthony Andro of FOXSportsSouthWest.com reports that he may end up missing at least his next turn in the rotation.
Ogando previously had a disabled list stint for shoulder problems and has struggled since rejoining the rotation three weeks ago, adding the Rangers’ already question mark-filled group of starters.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 38
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 69
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 121
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 108
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (132)
- Fox’s World Series broadcast gets a low grade from The New York Times (111)