Aug 16, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
The new good is that the injury is potentially minor enough that Ogando hasn’t been placed on the disabled list yet, although Anthony Andro of FOXSportsSouthWest.com reports that he may end up missing at least his next turn in the rotation.
Ogando previously had a disabled list stint for shoulder problems and has struggled since rejoining the rotation three weeks ago, adding the Rangers’ already question mark-filled group of starters.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 169
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 51
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (169)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)