Aug 16, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Tough break for a guy who, thanks to Dan Uggla‘s eye surgery, just got a break:
The #Braves confirm Pastornicky will have season-ending surgery to repair a torn ACL in his left knee.
— Mark Bowman (@mlbbowman) August 16, 2013
Pastornicky was the Braves starting shortstop just a year ago but had been bounced from that spot by Andrelton Simmons and was being converted into a super-sub/utility guy. Given a chance at nearly a month of starts as the big club’s second baseman, he hurt his knee after only a day in the role.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 49
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)