Aug 16, 2013, 4:08 PM EDT
Scenes from the presser in which Charlie Manuel said goodbye to the Phillies. Manuel comments on his love for the organization and passion for the game of baseball.
He doesn’t sound like a man who is done with the game. His performance is not such that he should be done with the game if he doesn’t want to be. I know it’s not that simple. There have to be job openings and the right fit and it’s harder to find that the older you are in this game. But even if he doesn’t manage again, teams could do way worse than to give Manuel a job as a hitting coach/bench coach/adviser in the Gene Lamont/Don Zimmer role. His experience and his temperament are such that they would benefit any team. Especially ones which, as has become the style lately, employ young guys with little or no managerial experience.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)