Aug 16, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
A Barry County jury today found former Major Leaguer Chad Curtis guilty of sexually assaulting three teenage girls. John Tunison of Michigan Live reports that there were six charges of criminal sexual conduct in total, including second-, third-, and fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct. He faces a maximum of 15 years in prison.
Curtis spent ten years in the Majors from 1992-2001, wearing the hats of the Angels, Tigers, Dodgers, Indians, Yankees, and Rangers. He is most well-known for hitting two home runs in Game Three of the 1999 World Series. As Craig noted on Tuesday, Curtis was also known to have alienated several teammates due to his religious beliefs.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)