Aug 16, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
A Barry County jury today found former Major Leaguer Chad Curtis guilty of sexually assaulting three teenage girls. John Tunison of Michigan Live reports that there were six charges of criminal sexual conduct in total, including second-, third-, and fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct. He faces a maximum of 15 years in prison.
Curtis spent ten years in the Majors from 1992-2001, wearing the hats of the Angels, Tigers, Dodgers, Indians, Yankees, and Rangers. He is most well-known for hitting two home runs in Game Three of the 1999 World Series. As Craig noted on Tuesday, Curtis was also known to have alienated several teammates due to his religious beliefs.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)