Aug 16, 2013, 7:55 PM EST
A Barry County jury today found former Major Leaguer Chad Curtis guilty of sexually assaulting three teenage girls. John Tunison of Michigan Live reports that there were six charges of criminal sexual conduct in total, including second-, third-, and fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct. He faces a maximum of 15 years in prison.
Curtis spent ten years in the Majors from 1992-2001, wearing the hats of the Angels, Tigers, Dodgers, Indians, Yankees, and Rangers. He is most well-known for hitting two home runs in Game Three of the 1999 World Series. As Craig noted on Tuesday, Curtis was also known to have alienated several teammates due to his religious beliefs.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 25
- Report: Athletics working on a trade 24
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)