Aug 16, 2013, 7:55 PM EST
A Barry County jury today found former Major Leaguer Chad Curtis guilty of sexually assaulting three teenage girls. John Tunison of Michigan Live reports that there were six charges of criminal sexual conduct in total, including second-, third-, and fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct. He faces a maximum of 15 years in prison.
Curtis spent ten years in the Majors from 1992-2001, wearing the hats of the Angels, Tigers, Dodgers, Indians, Yankees, and Rangers. He is most well-known for hitting two home runs in Game Three of the 1999 World Series. As Craig noted on Tuesday, Curtis was also known to have alienated several teammates due to his religious beliefs.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 30
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 30
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)