Aug 16, 2013, 9:42 AM EDT
The Boston Globe reports that Jared Remy, the son of Boston Red Sox broadcaster Jerry Remy, has been charged with murdering his girlfriend. Remy allegedly stabbed Jennifer Martel to death in their apartment last night. Martel’s daughter was in the apartment at the time.
The alleged murder took place one day after Remy appeared on in court to face allegations that he assaulted Martel on an earlier occasion. Remy is scheduled to be arraigned today on murder, domestic assault and battery charges at Waltham, Massachusetts District Court, the Globe reports.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)