Aug 16, 2013, 9:42 AM EDT
The Boston Globe reports that Jared Remy, the son of Boston Red Sox broadcaster Jerry Remy, has been charged with murdering his girlfriend. Remy allegedly stabbed Jennifer Martel to death in their apartment last night. Martel’s daughter was in the apartment at the time.
The alleged murder took place one day after Remy appeared on in court to face allegations that he assaulted Martel on an earlier occasion. Remy is scheduled to be arraigned today on murder, domestic assault and battery charges at Waltham, Massachusetts District Court, the Globe reports.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 4
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 21
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 129
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (130)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (129)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)