Aug 16, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Orioles pitching coach Rick Adair has taken what the team is calling a “persona leave of absence” effective today.
Bullpen coach Bill Castro will fill in for Adair as acting pitching coach and Scott McGregor will take over the bullpen coach job after previously working for the Orioles as a rehab coordinator.
Adair is in his third season as Baltimore’s pitching coach after being promoted from bullpen coach in mid-2011. That first year the Orioles ranked 14th in ERA, but they improved to sixth in ERA last season before falling back to 11th so far this year.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)