Aug 16, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Orioles pitching coach Rick Adair has taken what the team is calling a “persona leave of absence” effective today.
Bullpen coach Bill Castro will fill in for Adair as acting pitching coach and Scott McGregor will take over the bullpen coach job after previously working for the Orioles as a rehab coordinator.
Adair is in his third season as Baltimore’s pitching coach after being promoted from bullpen coach in mid-2011. That first year the Orioles ranked 14th in ERA, but they improved to sixth in ERA last season before falling back to 11th so far this year.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)