Aug 16, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Orioles pitching coach Rick Adair has taken what the team is calling a “persona leave of absence” effective today.
Bullpen coach Bill Castro will fill in for Adair as acting pitching coach and Scott McGregor will take over the bullpen coach job after previously working for the Orioles as a rehab coordinator.
Adair is in his third season as Baltimore’s pitching coach after being promoted from bullpen coach in mid-2011. That first year the Orioles ranked 14th in ERA, but they improved to sixth in ERA last season before falling back to 11th so far this year.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 10
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 102
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (102)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)