Aug 16, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Orioles pitching coach Rick Adair has taken what the team is calling a “persona leave of absence” effective today.
Bullpen coach Bill Castro will fill in for Adair as acting pitching coach and Scott McGregor will take over the bullpen coach job after previously working for the Orioles as a rehab coordinator.
Adair is in his third season as Baltimore’s pitching coach after being promoted from bullpen coach in mid-2011. That first year the Orioles ranked 14th in ERA, but they improved to sixth in ERA last season before falling back to 11th so far this year.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)