Aug 16, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Orioles pitching coach Rick Adair has taken what the team is calling a “persona leave of absence” effective today.
Bullpen coach Bill Castro will fill in for Adair as acting pitching coach and Scott McGregor will take over the bullpen coach job after previously working for the Orioles as a rehab coordinator.
Adair is in his third season as Baltimore’s pitching coach after being promoted from bullpen coach in mid-2011. That first year the Orioles ranked 14th in ERA, but they improved to sixth in ERA last season before falling back to 11th so far this year.
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 0
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 40
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 49
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 29
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)