Aug 16, 2013, 6:55 PM EDT
The Pirates have signed veteran reliever Kyle Farnsworth to a Minor League contract and assigned him to Triple-A Indianapolis, reports Rob Biertempfel. Farnsworth was released by the Rays on Monday after posting a 5.76 ERA in 29 and two-thirds innings of work.
It’s a depth signing for the Pirates as they have the third-best bullpen ERA in baseball at 2.75. They are all but guaranteed a playoff spot at this point, possessing the National League’s second-best record at 71-49.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)