Aug 16, 2013, 6:55 PM EDT
The Pirates have signed veteran reliever Kyle Farnsworth to a Minor League contract and assigned him to Triple-A Indianapolis, reports Rob Biertempfel. Farnsworth was released by the Rays on Monday after posting a 5.76 ERA in 29 and two-thirds innings of work.
It’s a depth signing for the Pirates as they have the third-best bullpen ERA in baseball at 2.75. They are all but guaranteed a playoff spot at this point, possessing the National League’s second-best record at 71-49.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)