Aug 16, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
Mets catcher John Buck has left the team to be with his wife who has gone into labor, per the Mets official Twitter. As a result, manager Terry Collins has put Anthony Recker into the lineup batting seventh tonight against the Padres, and the team has recalled catching prospect Travis d’Arnaud from Triple-A Las Vegas, per ESPN’s Adam Rubin.
d’Arnaud, 24, was originally drafted by the Phillies in the first round of the 2007 draft. They sent him to the Blue Jays in the Roy Halladay trade. The Mets acquired d’Arnaud in the trade that sent starter R.A. Dickey to the Blue Jays. d’Arnaud missed most of the season with a broken bone in his foot. In 78 plate appearances with the Las Vegas 51’s, d’Arnaud posted a 1.041 OPS with 12 strikeouts and 21 walks.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)