Aug 16, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
Mets catcher John Buck has left the team to be with his wife who has gone into labor, per the Mets official Twitter. As a result, manager Terry Collins has put Anthony Recker into the lineup batting seventh tonight against the Padres, and the team has recalled catching prospect Travis d’Arnaud from Triple-A Las Vegas, per ESPN’s Adam Rubin.
d’Arnaud, 24, was originally drafted by the Phillies in the first round of the 2007 draft. They sent him to the Blue Jays in the Roy Halladay trade. The Mets acquired d’Arnaud in the trade that sent starter R.A. Dickey to the Blue Jays. d’Arnaud missed most of the season with a broken bone in his foot. In 78 plate appearances with the Las Vegas 51′s, d’Arnaud posted a 1.041 OPS with 12 strikeouts and 21 walks.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (118)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)