Aug 16, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Mets catcher John Buck has left the team to be with his wife who has gone into labor, per the Mets official Twitter. As a result, manager Terry Collins has put Anthony Recker into the lineup batting seventh tonight against the Padres, and the team has recalled catching prospect Travis d’Arnaud from Triple-A Las Vegas, per ESPN’s Adam Rubin.
d’Arnaud, 24, was originally drafted by the Phillies in the first round of the 2007 draft. They sent him to the Blue Jays in the Roy Halladay trade. The Mets acquired d’Arnaud in the trade that sent starter R.A. Dickey to the Blue Jays. d’Arnaud missed most of the season with a broken bone in his foot. In 78 plate appearances with the Las Vegas 51’s, d’Arnaud posted a 1.041 OPS with 12 strikeouts and 21 walks.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 30
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 44
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 12
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)