Aug 16, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
Mets catcher John Buck has left the team to be with his wife who has gone into labor, per the Mets official Twitter. As a result, manager Terry Collins has put Anthony Recker into the lineup batting seventh tonight against the Padres, and the team has recalled catching prospect Travis d’Arnaud from Triple-A Las Vegas, per ESPN’s Adam Rubin.
d’Arnaud, 24, was originally drafted by the Phillies in the first round of the 2007 draft. They sent him to the Blue Jays in the Roy Halladay trade. The Mets acquired d’Arnaud in the trade that sent starter R.A. Dickey to the Blue Jays. d’Arnaud missed most of the season with a broken bone in his foot. In 78 plate appearances with the Las Vegas 51’s, d’Arnaud posted a 1.041 OPS with 12 strikeouts and 21 walks.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 59
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)