Aug 16, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
After missing two weeks with a hamstring injury Yovani Gallardo is scheduled to rejoin the Brewers’ rotation tomorrow night against the Reds.
Gallardo was really struggling before the injury, allowing 24 runs in 30 innings last month on the way to a career-worst 4.91 ERA in 23 starts overall this season. By comparison, he posted a 3.63 ERA from 2007-2012, including a sub-4.00 mark every season and a 3.66 mark last year.
There had been some speculation that the Brewers would shop Gallardo around, but the injury ruled that out at the July 31 trade deadline. It’s still possible they could move him between now and August 31, but Milwaukee would definitely be selling very low on the 27-year-old right-hander and he’s under team control through 2015.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)