Aug 16, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
After missing two weeks with a hamstring injury Yovani Gallardo is scheduled to rejoin the Brewers’ rotation tomorrow night against the Reds.
Gallardo was really struggling before the injury, allowing 24 runs in 30 innings last month on the way to a career-worst 4.91 ERA in 23 starts overall this season. By comparison, he posted a 3.63 ERA from 2007-2012, including a sub-4.00 mark every season and a 3.66 mark last year.
There had been some speculation that the Brewers would shop Gallardo around, but the injury ruled that out at the July 31 trade deadline. It’s still possible they could move him between now and August 31, but Milwaukee would definitely be selling very low on the 27-year-old right-hander and he’s under team control through 2015.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)