Aug 16, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
After missing two weeks with a hamstring injury Yovani Gallardo is scheduled to rejoin the Brewers’ rotation tomorrow night against the Reds.
Gallardo was really struggling before the injury, allowing 24 runs in 30 innings last month on the way to a career-worst 4.91 ERA in 23 starts overall this season. By comparison, he posted a 3.63 ERA from 2007-2012, including a sub-4.00 mark every season and a 3.66 mark last year.
There had been some speculation that the Brewers would shop Gallardo around, but the injury ruled that out at the July 31 trade deadline. It’s still possible they could move him between now and August 31, but Milwaukee would definitely be selling very low on the 27-year-old right-hander and he’s under team control through 2015.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)