Aug 16, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
After missing two weeks with a hamstring injury Yovani Gallardo is scheduled to rejoin the Brewers’ rotation tomorrow night against the Reds.
Gallardo was really struggling before the injury, allowing 24 runs in 30 innings last month on the way to a career-worst 4.91 ERA in 23 starts overall this season. By comparison, he posted a 3.63 ERA from 2007-2012, including a sub-4.00 mark every season and a 3.66 mark last year.
There had been some speculation that the Brewers would shop Gallardo around, but the injury ruled that out at the July 31 trade deadline. It’s still possible they could move him between now and August 31, but Milwaukee would definitely be selling very low on the 27-year-old right-hander and he’s under team control through 2015.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)