Aug 16, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
After missing two weeks with a hamstring injury Yovani Gallardo is scheduled to rejoin the Brewers’ rotation tomorrow night against the Reds.
Gallardo was really struggling before the injury, allowing 24 runs in 30 innings last month on the way to a career-worst 4.91 ERA in 23 starts overall this season. By comparison, he posted a 3.63 ERA from 2007-2012, including a sub-4.00 mark every season and a 3.66 mark last year.
There had been some speculation that the Brewers would shop Gallardo around, but the injury ruled that out at the July 31 trade deadline. It’s still possible they could move him between now and August 31, but Milwaukee would definitely be selling very low on the 27-year-old right-hander and he’s under team control through 2015.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)