Aug 17, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
The Athletics have placed starter Bartolo Colon on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left groin, reports Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle. The right-hander apparently suffered the injury while doing flat ground work yesterday. Left-hander Tommy Milone will start in his place tomorrow against the Indians.
As a result of Colon’s injury, the Athletics have changed course with lefty Brett Anderson, working his way back from a stress fracture in his right foot. Brett Anderson will now start rather than relieve for Triple-A Sacramento, and will go three innings rather than two as the team prefers to keep its options open with the Colon injury.
Colon was having a great 2013 campaign, owning a 2.97 ERA in 154.1 innings.
- J.A. Happ is thriving with the Pirates 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 44
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 68
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 59
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 149
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (149)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)