Aug 17, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
The Athletics have placed starter Bartolo Colon on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left groin, reports Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle. The right-hander apparently suffered the injury while doing flat ground work yesterday. Left-hander Tommy Milone will start in his place tomorrow against the Indians.
As a result of Colon’s injury, the Athletics have changed course with lefty Brett Anderson, working his way back from a stress fracture in his right foot. Brett Anderson will now start rather than relieve for Triple-A Sacramento, and will go three innings rather than two as the team prefers to keep its options open with the Colon injury.
Colon was having a great 2013 campaign, owning a 2.97 ERA in 154.1 innings.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)