Aug 17, 2013, 7:55 PM EST
The Athletics have placed starter Bartolo Colon on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left groin, reports Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle. The right-hander apparently suffered the injury while doing flat ground work yesterday. Left-hander Tommy Milone will start in his place tomorrow against the Indians.
As a result of Colon’s injury, the Athletics have changed course with lefty Brett Anderson, working his way back from a stress fracture in his right foot. Brett Anderson will now start rather than relieve for Triple-A Sacramento, and will go three innings rather than two as the team prefers to keep its options open with the Colon injury.
Colon was having a great 2013 campaign, owning a 2.97 ERA in 154.1 innings.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 57
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 228
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (231)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)