Aug 17, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
In their quest to find a second baseman, the Braves have signed Tyler Greene to a Minor League deal and assigned him to Triple-A Gwinnett, the team announced via Twitter. Greene, who turned 30 years old today, was released by the White Sox on Tuesday.
We learned last night that GM Frank Wren had been scouring the waiver wire for a second baseman. The Braves are hoping Greene might be their stopgap solution as Dan Uggla works his way back after undergoing LASIK eye surgery.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12