Aug 17, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
In their quest to find a second baseman, the Braves have signed Tyler Greene to a Minor League deal and assigned him to Triple-A Gwinnett, the team announced via Twitter. Greene, who turned 30 years old today, was released by the White Sox on Tuesday.
We learned last night that GM Frank Wren had been scouring the waiver wire for a second baseman. The Braves are hoping Greene might be their stopgap solution as Dan Uggla works his way back after undergoing LASIK eye surgery.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 221
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)