Aug 17, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
In their quest to find a second baseman, the Braves have signed Tyler Greene to a Minor League deal and assigned him to Triple-A Gwinnett, the team announced via Twitter. Greene, who turned 30 years old today, was released by the White Sox on Tuesday.
We learned last night that GM Frank Wren had been scouring the waiver wire for a second baseman. The Braves are hoping Greene might be their stopgap solution as Dan Uggla works his way back after undergoing LASIK eye surgery.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 31
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)