Aug 17, 2013, 10:15 PM EST
In their quest to find a second baseman, the Braves have signed Tyler Greene to a Minor League deal and assigned him to Triple-A Gwinnett, the team announced via Twitter. Greene, who turned 30 years old today, was released by the White Sox on Tuesday.
We learned last night that GM Frank Wren had been scouring the waiver wire for a second baseman. The Braves are hoping Greene might be their stopgap solution as Dan Uggla works his way back after undergoing LASIK eye surgery.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (95)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)