Aug 17, 2013, 10:15 PM EST
In their quest to find a second baseman, the Braves have signed Tyler Greene to a Minor League deal and assigned him to Triple-A Gwinnett, the team announced via Twitter. Greene, who turned 30 years old today, was released by the White Sox on Tuesday.
We learned last night that GM Frank Wren had been scouring the waiver wire for a second baseman. The Braves are hoping Greene might be their stopgap solution as Dan Uggla works his way back after undergoing LASIK eye surgery.
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 51
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24