Aug 17, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Reliever Brian Wilson, recently signed as a free agent by the Dodgers, could be activated tomorrow, reports Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register. Wilson threw a simulated game yesterday and everything went according to plan.
Manager Don Mattingly thinks Wilson has passed all of the requisite tests:
“I don’t think there will be another simulated game,” Mattingly said when asked. “I think we’re kind of ‘gamed’ out. He has pretty much crossed off everything we wanted him to do.”
Wilson last pitched on April 12, 2012. He then underwent season-ending Tommy John surgery on his right elbow. Tomorrow’s game will be the Dodgers’ 124th of the season, meaning the injury has cost Wilson 284 games.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)