Aug 17, 2013, 11:20 PM EST
Behind eight dominant innings from starter Clayton Kershaw, the Dodgers easily defeated the downtrodden Phillies 5-0 to win their tenth consecutive game. It is also their 42nd win in their last 50 games, an absurd .840 winning percentage. Kershaw held the Phillies scoreless on three hits and a walk while striking out eight. Kershaw even provided some offense, lacing an RBI double down the left field line in the fourth inning to put his team up 2-0. Juan Uribe stuck the dagger in the Phillies with a three-run home run in the top of the ninth.
It’s the second game in a row in which the Dodgers have shut out the Phillies. Zack Greinke and the bullpen did the deed last night in a 4-0 victory. The Phillies last scored in the ninth inning on Wednesday against the Braves, and have yet to score in the Ryne Sandberg era.
Kershaw lowered his ERA to 1.80, nearly a half-run better than the next-best ERA in baseball owned by Matt Harvey at 2.23.
#Dodgers 42-8 in last 50 ties the best 50 game stretch in the last 100 years!
— Adnan Virk, ESPN (@adnanESPN) August 18, 2013
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)