Aug 17, 2013, 10:40 AM EST
John Jaso has already missed nearly a month with a concussion and the Athletics aren’t counting on getting him back anytime soon.
According to Jane Lee of MLB.com, Jaso met with concussion specialist Dr. Michael Collins earlier this week and was told that he should make a full recovery. While that’s great news, the best-case scenario is that he is cleared in three weeks. That’s far from a given, especially since he’s still waking up with ringing in his ears, so Athletics manager Bob Melvin doesn’t want to bank on having him in his lineup for September and a possible playoff run.
“Whether he comes back this year, I’m not sure,” A’s manager Bob Melvin said. “We certainly hold out hope for that, but I don’t think anybody can predict that at this point.”
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)