Aug 17, 2013, 10:40 AM EDT
John Jaso has already missed nearly a month with a concussion and the Athletics aren’t counting on getting him back anytime soon.
According to Jane Lee of MLB.com, Jaso met with concussion specialist Dr. Michael Collins earlier this week and was told that he should make a full recovery. While that’s great news, the best-case scenario is that he is cleared in three weeks. That’s far from a given, especially since he’s still waking up with ringing in his ears, so Athletics manager Bob Melvin doesn’t want to bank on having him in his lineup for September and a possible playoff run.
“Whether he comes back this year, I’m not sure,” A’s manager Bob Melvin said. “We certainly hold out hope for that, but I don’t think anybody can predict that at this point.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)