Aug 17, 2013, 10:40 AM EST
John Jaso has already missed nearly a month with a concussion and the Athletics aren’t counting on getting him back anytime soon.
According to Jane Lee of MLB.com, Jaso met with concussion specialist Dr. Michael Collins earlier this week and was told that he should make a full recovery. While that’s great news, the best-case scenario is that he is cleared in three weeks. That’s far from a given, especially since he’s still waking up with ringing in his ears, so Athletics manager Bob Melvin doesn’t want to bank on having him in his lineup for September and a possible playoff run.
“Whether he comes back this year, I’m not sure,” A’s manager Bob Melvin said. “We certainly hold out hope for that, but I don’t think anybody can predict that at this point.”
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 11
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 29
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (111)