Aug 17, 2013, 10:40 AM EDT
John Jaso has already missed nearly a month with a concussion and the Athletics aren’t counting on getting him back anytime soon.
According to Jane Lee of MLB.com, Jaso met with concussion specialist Dr. Michael Collins earlier this week and was told that he should make a full recovery. While that’s great news, the best-case scenario is that he is cleared in three weeks. That’s far from a given, especially since he’s still waking up with ringing in his ears, so Athletics manager Bob Melvin doesn’t want to bank on having him in his lineup for September and a possible playoff run.
“Whether he comes back this year, I’m not sure,” A’s manager Bob Melvin said. “We certainly hold out hope for that, but I don’t think anybody can predict that at this point.”
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)