Aug 17, 2013, 10:40 AM EDT
John Jaso has already missed nearly a month with a concussion and the Athletics aren’t counting on getting him back anytime soon.
According to Jane Lee of MLB.com, Jaso met with concussion specialist Dr. Michael Collins earlier this week and was told that he should make a full recovery. While that’s great news, the best-case scenario is that he is cleared in three weeks. That’s far from a given, especially since he’s still waking up with ringing in his ears, so Athletics manager Bob Melvin doesn’t want to bank on having him in his lineup for September and a possible playoff run.
“Whether he comes back this year, I’m not sure,” A’s manager Bob Melvin said. “We certainly hold out hope for that, but I don’t think anybody can predict that at this point.”
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 22
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)