Aug 18, 2013, 12:59 PM EST
Dodgers manager Don Mattingly told SiriusXM’s Jim Bowden on Sunday morning that Wilson will be activated “in a day or two.” The Dodgers have 42 wins in their last 50 games and probably see no reason to rush the bearded right-hander into their bullpen mix.
Wilson allowed just one hit, no walks and no runs in 4 1/3 minor league rehab innings and is now keeping his arm fresh with simulated work on the side. The 31-year-old underwent Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in April 2012 and signed a one-year, $1 million free agent contract with first-place Los Angeles three weeks ago.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 75
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (76)