Aug 18, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
Dodgers manager Don Mattingly told SiriusXM’s Jim Bowden on Sunday morning that Wilson will be activated “in a day or two.” The Dodgers have 42 wins in their last 50 games and probably see no reason to rush the bearded right-hander into their bullpen mix.
Wilson allowed just one hit, no walks and no runs in 4 1/3 minor league rehab innings and is now keeping his arm fresh with simulated work on the side. The 31-year-old underwent Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in April 2012 and signed a one-year, $1 million free agent contract with first-place Los Angeles three weeks ago.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)