Aug 18, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
Dodgers manager Don Mattingly told SiriusXM’s Jim Bowden on Sunday morning that Wilson will be activated “in a day or two.” The Dodgers have 42 wins in their last 50 games and probably see no reason to rush the bearded right-hander into their bullpen mix.
Wilson allowed just one hit, no walks and no runs in 4 1/3 minor league rehab innings and is now keeping his arm fresh with simulated work on the side. The 31-year-old underwent Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in April 2012 and signed a one-year, $1 million free agent contract with first-place Los Angeles three weeks ago.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 35
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 23
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)