Aug 18, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
Dodgers manager Don Mattingly told SiriusXM’s Jim Bowden on Sunday morning that Wilson will be activated “in a day or two.” The Dodgers have 42 wins in their last 50 games and probably see no reason to rush the bearded right-hander into their bullpen mix.
Wilson allowed just one hit, no walks and no runs in 4 1/3 minor league rehab innings and is now keeping his arm fresh with simulated work on the side. The 31-year-old underwent Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in April 2012 and signed a one-year, $1 million free agent contract with first-place Los Angeles three weeks ago.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)