Aug 18, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
Dodgers manager Don Mattingly told SiriusXM’s Jim Bowden on Sunday morning that Wilson will be activated “in a day or two.” The Dodgers have 42 wins in their last 50 games and probably see no reason to rush the bearded right-hander into their bullpen mix.
Wilson allowed just one hit, no walks and no runs in 4 1/3 minor league rehab innings and is now keeping his arm fresh with simulated work on the side. The 31-year-old underwent Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in April 2012 and signed a one-year, $1 million free agent contract with first-place Los Angeles three weeks ago.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 20
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 107
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (108)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)