Aug 18, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
Rays left-hander Matt Moore has been on the disabled list for three weeks with inflammation in his throwing elbow and hasn’t recovered as quickly as hoped. But it’s not like he is completely idle.
Moore plans to play another game of catch on Monday afternoon — probably from a greater distance — and should then progress to mound work. There’s some hope that he will be able to rejoin the Rays’ starting rotation next weekend.
The 24-year-old owns a 3.41 ERA, 1.23 WHIP and 115/56 K/BB ratio in 121 1/3 innings this season.
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 24
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 39
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)