Aug 18, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
Rays left-hander Matt Moore has been on the disabled list for three weeks with inflammation in his throwing elbow and hasn’t recovered as quickly as hoped. But it’s not like he is completely idle.
Moore plans to play another game of catch on Monday afternoon — probably from a greater distance — and should then progress to mound work. There’s some hope that he will be able to rejoin the Rays’ starting rotation next weekend.
The 24-year-old owns a 3.41 ERA, 1.23 WHIP and 115/56 K/BB ratio in 121 1/3 innings this season.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 23
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 183
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (185)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)