Aug 18, 2013, 12:05 PM EST
Rays left-hander Matt Moore has been on the disabled list for three weeks with inflammation in his throwing elbow and hasn’t recovered as quickly as hoped. But it’s not like he is completely idle.
Moore plans to play another game of catch on Monday afternoon — probably from a greater distance — and should then progress to mound work. There’s some hope that he will be able to rejoin the Rays’ starting rotation next weekend.
The 24-year-old owns a 3.41 ERA, 1.23 WHIP and 115/56 K/BB ratio in 121 1/3 innings this season.
- Report: MLB panel split on Josh Hamilton punishment; one-year suspension is in play 0
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 3
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 356
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (355)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (72)