Aug 18, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
Rays left-hander Matt Moore has been on the disabled list for three weeks with inflammation in his throwing elbow and hasn’t recovered as quickly as hoped. But it’s not like he is completely idle.
Moore plans to play another game of catch on Monday afternoon — probably from a greater distance — and should then progress to mound work. There’s some hope that he will be able to rejoin the Rays’ starting rotation next weekend.
The 24-year-old owns a 3.41 ERA, 1.23 WHIP and 115/56 K/BB ratio in 121 1/3 innings this season.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69