Aug 18, 2013, 12:05 PM EST
Rays left-hander Matt Moore has been on the disabled list for three weeks with inflammation in his throwing elbow and hasn’t recovered as quickly as hoped. But it’s not like he is completely idle.
Moore plans to play another game of catch on Monday afternoon — probably from a greater distance — and should then progress to mound work. There’s some hope that he will be able to rejoin the Rays’ starting rotation next weekend.
The 24-year-old owns a 3.41 ERA, 1.23 WHIP and 115/56 K/BB ratio in 121 1/3 innings this season.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 20
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 143
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23