Aug 18, 2013, 11:13 AM EDT
Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com has the details:
Sandoval revealed that he’s dropped 22 pounds in six weeks, and he has his oldest brother, Luis, to thank for it. Luis Sandoval recently graduated from a culinary school in Miami and is under his little brother’s full-time employment as his personal chef.
“Everything healthy,” said the Giants’ third baseman, who beat out an infield single for an important RBI in the club’s 6-4 victory over the Miami Marlins Saturday night. “He goes with me everywhere.”
That’s a pretty sweet gig for Luis and it’s been a breakthrough of sorts for Pablo, who has struggled with his weight his entire career.
Sandoval is having his worst season yet, batting .266/.323/.384 with nine homers and 59 RBI in 104 games. He’ll want to have a big bounceback 2014 campaign before heading into free agency the following winter.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 0
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 14
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 50
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (82)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)