Aug 18, 2013, 11:13 AM EDT
Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com has the details:
Sandoval revealed that he’s dropped 22 pounds in six weeks, and he has his oldest brother, Luis, to thank for it. Luis Sandoval recently graduated from a culinary school in Miami and is under his little brother’s full-time employment as his personal chef.
“Everything healthy,” said the Giants’ third baseman, who beat out an infield single for an important RBI in the club’s 6-4 victory over the Miami Marlins Saturday night. “He goes with me everywhere.”
That’s a pretty sweet gig for Luis and it’s been a breakthrough of sorts for Pablo, who has struggled with his weight his entire career.
Sandoval is having his worst season yet, batting .266/.323/.384 with nine homers and 59 RBI in 104 games. He’ll want to have a big bounceback 2014 campaign before heading into free agency the following winter.
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 0
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 7
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 58
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 25
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 54
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 161
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (161)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)