Aug 18, 2013, 11:13 AM EDT
Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com has the details:
Sandoval revealed that he’s dropped 22 pounds in six weeks, and he has his oldest brother, Luis, to thank for it. Luis Sandoval recently graduated from a culinary school in Miami and is under his little brother’s full-time employment as his personal chef.
“Everything healthy,” said the Giants’ third baseman, who beat out an infield single for an important RBI in the club’s 6-4 victory over the Miami Marlins Saturday night. “He goes with me everywhere.”
That’s a pretty sweet gig for Luis and it’s been a breakthrough of sorts for Pablo, who has struggled with his weight his entire career.
Sandoval is having his worst season yet, batting .266/.323/.384 with nine homers and 59 RBI in 104 games. He’ll want to have a big bounceback 2014 campaign before heading into free agency the following winter.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)