Aug 18, 2013, 12:20 AM EDT
Brandon Warne of Minnesota’s 1500 ESPN describes a Minor League brawl that involved managers of both teams, including former Major Leaguer Doug Mientkiewicz:
Details are still hazy, but from initial reports it sounds as though there was a throwdown between High-A Fort Myers Miracle manager Doug Mientkiewicz, and Bradenton Marauders manager Frank Kremblas on Saturday evening.
Piecing the events together from the Twitter account of Brice Zimmerman, play-by-play broadcaster for the Miracle, it sounds as though a Miracle pitcher hit a Marauders hitter and the Bradenton manager took exception.
Video of the incident:
The Twins organization hired Mientkiewicz to manage the Fort Myers Miracle last December. Entering tonight, they led the South Division of the Florida State League with a 71-48 record.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)