Aug 18, 2013, 12:20 AM EDT
Brandon Warne of Minnesota’s 1500 ESPN describes a Minor League brawl that involved managers of both teams, including former Major Leaguer Doug Mientkiewicz:
Details are still hazy, but from initial reports it sounds as though there was a throwdown between High-A Fort Myers Miracle manager Doug Mientkiewicz, and Bradenton Marauders manager Frank Kremblas on Saturday evening.
Piecing the events together from the Twitter account of Brice Zimmerman, play-by-play broadcaster for the Miracle, it sounds as though a Miracle pitcher hit a Marauders hitter and the Bradenton manager took exception.
Video of the incident:
The Twins organization hired Mientkiewicz to manage the Fort Myers Miracle last December. Entering tonight, they led the South Division of the Florida State League with a 71-48 record.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 7
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 126
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 19
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 32
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (134)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)