Aug 18, 2013, 12:20 AM EDT
Brandon Warne of Minnesota’s 1500 ESPN describes a Minor League brawl that involved managers of both teams, including former Major Leaguer Doug Mientkiewicz:
Details are still hazy, but from initial reports it sounds as though there was a throwdown between High-A Fort Myers Miracle manager Doug Mientkiewicz, and Bradenton Marauders manager Frank Kremblas on Saturday evening.
Piecing the events together from the Twitter account of Brice Zimmerman, play-by-play broadcaster for the Miracle, it sounds as though a Miracle pitcher hit a Marauders hitter and the Bradenton manager took exception.
Video of the incident:
The Twins organization hired Mientkiewicz to manage the Fort Myers Miracle last December. Entering tonight, they led the South Division of the Florida State League with a 71-48 record.
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 15
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 14
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 36
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 44
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)