Aug 18, 2013, 12:20 AM EDT
Brandon Warne of Minnesota’s 1500 ESPN describes a Minor League brawl that involved managers of both teams, including former Major Leaguer Doug Mientkiewicz:
Details are still hazy, but from initial reports it sounds as though there was a throwdown between High-A Fort Myers Miracle manager Doug Mientkiewicz, and Bradenton Marauders manager Frank Kremblas on Saturday evening.
Piecing the events together from the Twitter account of Brice Zimmerman, play-by-play broadcaster for the Miracle, it sounds as though a Miracle pitcher hit a Marauders hitter and the Bradenton manager took exception.
Video of the incident:
The Twins organization hired Mientkiewicz to manage the Fort Myers Miracle last December. Entering tonight, they led the South Division of the Florida State League with a 71-48 record.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 2
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 1
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)