Video: Watch former Major Leaguer Doug Mientzkiewicz get involved in a Minor League brawl

Aug 18, 2013, 12:20 AM EDT

doug mientkiewicz twins

Brandon Warne of Minnesota’s 1500 ESPN describes a Minor League brawl that involved managers of both teams, including former Major Leaguer Doug Mientkiewicz:

Details are still hazy, but from initial reports it sounds as though there was a throwdown between High-A Fort Myers Miracle manager Doug Mientkiewicz, and Bradenton Marauders manager Frank Kremblas on Saturday evening.

Piecing the events together from the Twitter account of Brice Zimmerman, play-by-play broadcaster for the Miracle, it sounds as though a Miracle pitcher hit a Marauders hitter and the Bradenton manager took exception.

Video of the incident:

The Twins organization hired Mientkiewicz to manage the Fort Myers Miracle last December. Entering tonight, they led the South Division of the Florida State League with a 71-48 record.

1. moogro - Aug 18, 2013 at 12:50 AM

He never learned you gotta grab them from the leg and pick them up off the bag.

2. joshftw - Aug 18, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Today in “Hey kids, it’s __________! Remember him?

3. edwardcollinss - Aug 18, 2013 at 5:39 AM

good post

4. edwardcollinss - Aug 18, 2013 at 5:41 AM

Please just for seriously intrested..we really hate spammers,,you have to work and use the computer and internet, and if you can do that and dedicate some time each day then you can do this with no problem. I have been working with this for a month and have made over $2,000 already. let me know if you need more here you go… http://qr.net/kLH6 ….we need agents all around the world.Thanks regards The buzz system

5. dondada10 - Aug 18, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I never saw Keith Hernandez, but this guy had the best glove at first I ever saw.

6. emauro28 - Aug 18, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I was able to see Hernandez and mink no comparison Hernandez not only had an amazing glove and arm but he was smart, the only guy close I ever saw at 1b even close was a pre back injury mattingly and John olerud

• dondada10 - Aug 18, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I got to see Donnie Baseball and Olerud in person a bunch of times. Eye-chart was better.

• Bob - Aug 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I’ll back you up on Hernandez being the best defensive 1B I ever saw.

7. mplsjoe - Aug 18, 2013 at 9:42 AM

If Miguel Sano or Oswaldo Arcia had done this, the Twins would have benched them for days and leaked stories about how they need to learn respect for the game.

8. drone501 - Aug 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM

shall we dance?

9. dondada10 - Aug 18, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I just watched the video. Eye-chart gets body slammed. He’s the old fat guy wearing #16 who opens the video in a headlock.

10. captaincanoe - Aug 18, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Years back Nomar was a free agent and I wished he had signed with the Royals. 6-4-3 DP would have been:Garciaparra to Grudzielanek to Mientzkiewicz. Play by play guys would have jumped from the booth.

Managers get easier path to Cooperstown
  1. H. Street (4022)