Aug 19, 2013, 9:14 AM EDT
So much went on in last night’s Red Sox-Yankees game. So much of it dumb. This may have been the dumbest.
It’s one thing to hate A-Rod. It’s another thing to sit down and make a sign to bring with you to the ballpark to advertise your hate for A-Rod. But it’s a third thing altogether to misspell the word “Loser” in that sign and have it show up on national television. The screencap from CJ Folger:
“A-Rod = A Looser” – Come on Boston… http://t.co/B8VFQN8tZ8
— CJ Fogler (@cjzero) August 19, 2013
There are so many reasons to hate Rodriguez. There were so many things coming out of Boston yesterday to undermine it.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 0
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 43
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 86
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)