Aug 19, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Jeter has been on the disabled list since August 3 with a strained right calf and has progressed enough to take batting practice and field ground balls, but Feinsand speculates that he won’t return before Friday at the earliest.
Jeter missed the first 91 games of the season, played one game before getting hurt again, and then played just four games after that before landing back on the DL. Jeter and Alex Rodriguez have not been in the same lineup together since the 2012 playoffs.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 0
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 36
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 14
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)