Aug 19, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
“Mad Men” actor Jon Hamm stars in an upcoming baseball movie called “Million Dollar Arm” about the Pirates signing Indian cricket players Rinku Singh and Dinesh Patel by way of a reality television show.
And now the movie has a release date, as Marc Graser of Variety reports that it will come out on May 16, 2014.
Hamm–who’s a big Cardinals fan in real life–plays the pitchers’ agent and the cast also includes Alan Arkin. “Million Dollar Arm” is directed by Craig Gillespie, who made “Lars and the Real Girl” with Ryan Gosling a while back.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 70
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)