Aug 19, 2013, 1:13 PM EST
“Mad Men” actor Jon Hamm stars in an upcoming baseball movie called “Million Dollar Arm” about the Pirates signing Indian cricket players Rinku Singh and Dinesh Patel by way of a reality television show.
And now the movie has a release date, as Marc Graser of Variety reports that it will come out on May 16, 2014.
Hamm–who’s a big Cardinals fan in real life–plays the pitchers’ agent and the cast also includes Alan Arkin. “Million Dollar Arm” is directed by Craig Gillespie, who made “Lars and the Real Girl” with Ryan Gosling a while back.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)