Aug 19, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
“Mad Men” actor Jon Hamm stars in an upcoming baseball movie called “Million Dollar Arm” about the Pirates signing Indian cricket players Rinku Singh and Dinesh Patel by way of a reality television show.
And now the movie has a release date, as Marc Graser of Variety reports that it will come out on May 16, 2014.
Hamm–who’s a big Cardinals fan in real life–plays the pitchers’ agent and the cast also includes Alan Arkin. “Million Dollar Arm” is directed by Craig Gillespie, who made “Lars and the Real Girl” with Ryan Gosling a while back.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 29
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 22
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (83)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)