Aug 19, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
“Mad Men” actor Jon Hamm stars in an upcoming baseball movie called “Million Dollar Arm” about the Pirates signing Indian cricket players Rinku Singh and Dinesh Patel by way of a reality television show.
And now the movie has a release date, as Marc Graser of Variety reports that it will come out on May 16, 2014.
Hamm–who’s a big Cardinals fan in real life–plays the pitchers’ agent and the cast also includes Alan Arkin. “Million Dollar Arm” is directed by Craig Gillespie, who made “Lars and the Real Girl” with Ryan Gosling a while back.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 44
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 12
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 12
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 20
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)