Aug 19, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Placido Polanco, who hasn’t played since being hit in the helmet by a pitch Friday, has been placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list by the Marlins.
Polanco has spent all season as Miami’s primary third baseman despite hitting just .253 with one homer and a .600 OPS in 343 plate appearances. He’s scored just 28 runs, driven in just 21 runs, and among the 30 major leaguers to appear in at least 50 games at third base this season Polanco ranks second-to-last in OPS ahead of only Yuniesky Betancourt.
Ed Lucas had been eating into Polanco’s playing at third base recently and will be the everyday starter there for however long the brain injury sidelines the 37-year-old.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)