Aug 19, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Mike Trout left yesterday’s Angels-Astros game with a tight hamstring. As easily the best player on the Angels this year that’s trouble, but apparently not serious trouble: He’s day-to-day and downplayed the severity of the injury.
Trout is hitting .333/.430/.574 with 21 homers and 28 stolen bases on the year.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 152
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (155)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)