Aug 19, 2013, 8:13 PM EDT
Trout tweaked his hamstring while running to second base on a double yesterday and was eventually forced to make an early exit. He downplayed the severity after the game, but the Angels understandably aren’t taking any chances with their young phenom. This is just his second time out of the lineup this season.
Trout has delivered an impressive follow-up to his historic rookie campaign by batting .330/.430/.574 with 21 home runs, 78 RBI and 28 stolen bases. He leads the American League with 77 walks.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)