Aug 19, 2013, 8:13 PM EDT
Trout tweaked his hamstring while running to second base on a double yesterday and was eventually forced to make an early exit. He downplayed the severity after the game, but the Angels understandably aren’t taking any chances with their young phenom. This is just his second time out of the lineup this season.
Trout has delivered an impressive follow-up to his historic rookie campaign by batting .330/.430/.574 with 21 home runs, 78 RBI and 28 stolen bases. He leads the American League with 77 walks.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)