Aug 19, 2013, 8:13 PM EDT
Trout tweaked his hamstring while running to second base on a double yesterday and was eventually forced to make an early exit. He downplayed the severity after the game, but the Angels understandably aren’t taking any chances with their young phenom. This is just his second time out of the lineup this season.
Trout has delivered an impressive follow-up to his historic rookie campaign by batting .330/.430/.574 with 21 home runs, 78 RBI and 28 stolen bases. He leads the American League with 77 walks.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (126)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)