Aug 19, 2013, 8:13 PM EDT
Trout tweaked his hamstring while running to second base on a double yesterday and was eventually forced to make an early exit. He downplayed the severity after the game, but the Angels understandably aren’t taking any chances with their young phenom. This is just his second time out of the lineup this season.
Trout has delivered an impressive follow-up to his historic rookie campaign by batting .330/.430/.574 with 21 home runs, 78 RBI and 28 stolen bases. He leads the American League with 77 walks.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)