Now Brian Cashman’s ex-mistress is getting into the A-Rod act

Aug 19, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT

Joe Tacopina

We start the day with A-Rod silliness, we end the day with A-Rod silliness. I feel like it’s been this way for months and won’t stop anytime soon.  The latest, from the New York Daily News:  Brian Cashman’s ex-mistress — Louise Meanwell — is alleging that A-Rod’s lawyers have a conflict of interest because her lawyer is a partner of Joe Tacopina and, well, just here:

Court papers filed Monday in Manhattan Supreme Court claim that during Meanwell’s 10-month affair with Cashman, he told her he “knew of Yankee clubhouse steroid use by various Yankee players by name.”  Cashman also allegedly shared he “was ambivalent to the use of performance enhancement drugs so long as nothing came back to the Yankee organization.”

The upshot: Meanwell could theoretically be called to the stand in A-Rod’s arbitration and since her lawyer is partners with A-Rod’s lawyer, A-Rod’s has to bow out of the case.

Not sure who would call her given that Meanwell has been accused of extorting Cashman and others, is facing criminal charges and appears to be a profoundly disturbed person. I mean, sure, Tony Bosch is probably a criminal too, but at least he knows something relevant to the case via first-hand information. Meanwell wouldn’t likely know that, and her compromised relationship with Cashman would probably render anything she says that he said hard to believe.

As for the conflict: Tacopina says that Meanwell’s lawyer worked or a different firm and there is no conflict. My guess is that this is something that was figured out or worked out some time ago and the conflict is not a significant or a fatal one for Tacopina. If anything, this is probably a matter of Meanwell trying to insert herself back into Yankees drama. Which is both unfortunate and sad.

Certainly hope not. He’s made this case loads more fun!

1. elwaysagenius - Aug 19, 2013 at 5:02 PM

A-Rods career is a bigger roller coaster than Shakespeare’s greatest work

• fanofevilempire - Aug 19, 2013 at 5:22 PM

This is what everyone wanted, well now you have it.
      I bet millions of little guys watched last nights disgusting display
      of professionalism displayed by Dumpster on espn against A-Rod
      and the adults who stood and chaired him getting hit was despicable
      as can get, they should all be ashamed of themselves and don’t let
      me leave you Chicago white sox fans too, cheering when he was hit
      was pathetic behavior.

• sabatimus - Aug 19, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I’d cheer if someone sucker punched him.

• weaselpuppy - Aug 19, 2013 at 7:08 PM

There would be a standing O if A-Roid got package blasted by Chuck Norris.

• n4ttybumpp0 - Aug 19, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Are you kidding me? The news flash of the milennium is that that little Pinhead managed to get himself a mistress, however crazy or extortion-obsessed.

I mean, he got himself at least one, right? That’s more shocking than anything else in *any* of these news bites!!!!

Errrr. . . ummm. . . unless a name like “Meanwell” is actually just the way it sounds . . . fake. hmmm…. on second thought . . .

Never mind.

2. drewsylvania - Aug 19, 2013 at 5:11 PM

If true, this says more about Cashman than about A-Guez.

I need more popcorn–the movie just got more watchable.

• righthandofjustice - Aug 19, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Yes I agree if true, this is going to hurt Cashman but A-Rod can always get another lawyer if needed.

I wonder who brought this gold digger into the picture. Who’s that rat that threw Cashman under the bus?

• jwbiii - Aug 19, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Cashman seems quite capable of diving under buses without assistance.

• badintent - Aug 20, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Cashmen did sleep in a Holiday Inn, I meant a tent ,oh hell you know what I meant

3. sabatimus - Aug 19, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I feel like I’m watching Days of Our Lives.

4. herkulease - Aug 19, 2013 at 5:29 PM

At the current rate, we may have the best baseball related movie in the making.

Its got everything already. Drugs, sex, money, etc.

Oh and the ex-mistress doesn’t just appear disturbed by her action. Just the way she looks screams crazy person. Maybe Cashman has a thing for crazy chicks.

• apkyletexas - Aug 19, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Meanwell looks like she just jumped off the set of the Seinfeld show, as one of Castanza’s girlfriends.

• badintent - Aug 20, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Did Anthony Wiener sextext her ?

5. yankee172 - Aug 19, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Please stop.

My god, please just stop.

6. sdelmonte - Aug 19, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Putting aside that odd fact of the Yankees being a lot more interesting on the field of late…

It’s times like this I am so glad I root for the Mets and can view the endless sideshows from a different fanbase.

7. aceshigh11 - Aug 19, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Sooo…Brian Cashman’s ex-mistress was some guido-looking dude with slicked-back hair?

Sorry, the photo posted created quite a clash with the headline.

• badintent - Aug 20, 2013 at 1:34 AM

a transgender transvestite that is Steven Segal’s twin sister

8. banger60 - Aug 19, 2013 at 5:47 PM

My god, stop the insanity! This cannot be real, I must be be dreaming, that’s what’s happening!

9. righthandofjustice - Aug 19, 2013 at 5:53 PM

“he told her he “knew of Yankee clubhouse steroid use by various Yankee players by name”

That only means at best if she can be counted as a witness, she is just a hearsay witness. Nothing admissible. Just nothing.

10. sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo - Aug 19, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I wonder what that woman who was tied up in Aroldis Chapman’s hotel room would have to say about the whole ARod scandal. Someone find her and interview her on the subject.

• badintent - Aug 20, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Sorry but she is tied up now, can ‘t call ………………couldn’t resist.lol

11. tfbuckfutter - Aug 19, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I’m guessing this law firm doesn’t put A-Rod or Cashman’s crazy mistress on the brochures they hand out to potential clients.

Unless they are courting Lawrence Taylor or Jose Canseco or something.

12. thebadguyswon - Aug 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Brian Cashman has a job where he oversees the baseball cash for the Steinbrenners, hence serving as the cash man. Then he has an affair with a women whose last name is Meanwell.

Is this Seinfeld or real life?

13. thegonz13 - Aug 19, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I know she Meanwell when she started flapping her gums.

Sorry… easy joke but I just couldn’t help myself!

14. tinagrrl - Aug 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I don’t think A-Rod is a “prince”, or even a “nice guy” (whatever that means), but it seems clear the Yankees want to get out of his contract.

Why so many “average Joes” are sticking up for the bosses instead of the worker is beyond me.

If I remember correctly, McGwire and Sosa were credited with bringing baseball back — then all this PED stuff began and they became bad guys.

Perhaps Dempster might remember that “Big Papi” was also implicated in the whole steroid stuff.

No one in management minds UNTIL a player gets caught. then it’s all this sanctimonious crap about “the best interests of the game”. Their concept of “the best interests of the game” seems to revolve around their pocketbooks — while at the same time pointing fingers at the same ballplayers they wooed, and agreed to pay, because it made economic sense at the time. The big contracts have not made baseball any poorer. The owners are still multimillionaires, and some of the best ball players are set for life.

Since A-Rod returned, Yankee ticket sales, TV, and radio ratings are all up. There’s a buzz around the team — not just A-Rod. I suspect the current group of rich kids who now own the team are not as smart as George was.

A-Rod might be an arrogant child — but I still root for him over the bosses.

15. bfunk1978 - Aug 19, 2013 at 9:26 PM

So now I could go for a Piña Colada and maybe a Taco…

• badintent - Aug 20, 2013 at 1:38 AM

A Burrito, a Tequlia sunrise, ………………

16. arbruins - Aug 20, 2013 at 3:58 AM

I agree with weaselpuppy…thank you Chuck Norris.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (2916)