Aug 19, 2013, 6:53 PM EDT
Rodriguez and his lawyers believe they have evidence that supports their contention that Chris Ahmad, the Yankees’ team doctor, misdiagnosed A-Rod’s hip injury during last October’s playoffs. They have yet to file the suit as they continue to put together their case.
Rodriguez himself said Sunday that the union is filing a grievance against the Yankees on his behalf over how the Yankees handled his hip injury. This appears to be something entirely different, though.
Rodriguez was limited down the stretch last year and completely ineffective during the postseason, but it wasn’t revealed publically until December that he was battling a hip problem and he didn’t undergo surgery until January. The surgery was performed by Dr. Bryan Kelly.
According to Marchand’s report, Rodriguez’s side will claim Ahmad knew of Rodriguez’s need for surgery as early as Oct. 29, but that Rodriguez wasn’t informed of his results. Rodriguez’s side will also say that Ahmad misdiagnosed the injury following the original MRI on Oct. 11. Rodriguez played in four more games following that MRI. He ended up going 3-for-25 with no RBI and 12 strikeouts in eight postseason games.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 1
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)