Aug 19, 2013, 6:53 PM EST
Rodriguez and his lawyers believe they have evidence that supports their contention that Chris Ahmad, the Yankees’ team doctor, misdiagnosed A-Rod’s hip injury during last October’s playoffs. They have yet to file the suit as they continue to put together their case.
Rodriguez himself said Sunday that the union is filing a grievance against the Yankees on his behalf over how the Yankees handled his hip injury. This appears to be something entirely different, though.
Rodriguez was limited down the stretch last year and completely ineffective during the postseason, but it wasn’t revealed publically until December that he was battling a hip problem and he didn’t undergo surgery until January. The surgery was performed by Dr. Bryan Kelly.
According to Marchand’s report, Rodriguez’s side will claim Ahmad knew of Rodriguez’s need for surgery as early as Oct. 29, but that Rodriguez wasn’t informed of his results. Rodriguez’s side will also say that Ahmad misdiagnosed the injury following the original MRI on Oct. 11. Rodriguez played in four more games following that MRI. He ended up going 3-for-25 with no RBI and 12 strikeouts in eight postseason games.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 142
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 66
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (143)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)