Aug 19, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
After last night’s exhausting and, for Boston, dispiriting game against the Yankees, the Red Sox decided to make a lot of moves. One stands out above the others: they plan to call up top prospect Xander Bogaerts some time today, reports Alex Speier of WEEI.
Bogaerts, only 20 years-old, has hit .299/.389/.481 with 15 homers, seven steals and 67 RBI in 115 games this season between Double-A Portland and Triple-A Pawtucket. He is easily the organization’s top prospect and will likely see time at short and third.
In addition to the Bogaerts move, the Sox have activated catcher David Ross from the 60-day DL and sent down Ryan Lavarnway and Rubby De La Rosa to Pawtucket. Those moves, methinks, wont’ bring nearly as much excitement as this one, however.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)