Aug 19, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
After last night’s exhausting and, for Boston, dispiriting game against the Yankees, the Red Sox decided to make a lot of moves. One stands out above the others: they plan to call up top prospect Xander Bogaerts some time today, reports Alex Speier of WEEI.
Bogaerts, only 20 years-old, has hit .299/.389/.481 with 15 homers, seven steals and 67 RBI in 115 games this season between Double-A Portland and Triple-A Pawtucket. He is easily the organization’s top prospect and will likely see time at short and third.
In addition to the Bogaerts move, the Sox have activated catcher David Ross from the 60-day DL and sent down Ryan Lavarnway and Rubby De La Rosa to Pawtucket. Those moves, methinks, wont’ bring nearly as much excitement as this one, however.
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 4
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (104)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)