Aug 20, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Last week Cameron Maybin was pulled off his rehab assignment to “calm down” his knee injury and the Padres were said to have “growing concerns” about Carlos Quentin‘s recovery from ongoing knee problems.
And now both players are in danger of not playing again this season, as Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union Tribune reports that Maybin is back in San Diego having his knee looked at by team doctors and Quentin hasn’t shown improvement despite multiple lubricant injections.
Padres manager Bud Black pegged the chances of Quentin returning at “50-50″ and Maybin’s odds might be even worse considering he’s seeking additional opinions.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 50
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 20
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)