Aug 20, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Last week Cameron Maybin was pulled off his rehab assignment to “calm down” his knee injury and the Padres were said to have “growing concerns” about Carlos Quentin‘s recovery from ongoing knee problems.
And now both players are in danger of not playing again this season, as Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union Tribune reports that Maybin is back in San Diego having his knee looked at by team doctors and Quentin hasn’t shown improvement despite multiple lubricant injections.
Padres manager Bud Black pegged the chances of Quentin returning at “50-50″ and Maybin’s odds might be even worse considering he’s seeking additional opinions.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)