Aug 20, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Last week Cameron Maybin was pulled off his rehab assignment to “calm down” his knee injury and the Padres were said to have “growing concerns” about Carlos Quentin‘s recovery from ongoing knee problems.
And now both players are in danger of not playing again this season, as Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union Tribune reports that Maybin is back in San Diego having his knee looked at by team doctors and Quentin hasn’t shown improvement despite multiple lubricant injections.
Padres manager Bud Black pegged the chances of Quentin returning at “50-50″ and Maybin’s odds might be even worse considering he’s seeking additional opinions.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 7
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)