Aug 20, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Last week Cameron Maybin was pulled off his rehab assignment to “calm down” his knee injury and the Padres were said to have “growing concerns” about Carlos Quentin‘s recovery from ongoing knee problems.
And now both players are in danger of not playing again this season, as Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union Tribune reports that Maybin is back in San Diego having his knee looked at by team doctors and Quentin hasn’t shown improvement despite multiple lubricant injections.
Padres manager Bud Black pegged the chances of Quentin returning at “50-50″ and Maybin’s odds might be even worse considering he’s seeking additional opinions.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)