Aug 20, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Last week Cameron Maybin was pulled off his rehab assignment to “calm down” his knee injury and the Padres were said to have “growing concerns” about Carlos Quentin‘s recovery from ongoing knee problems.
And now both players are in danger of not playing again this season, as Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union Tribune reports that Maybin is back in San Diego having his knee looked at by team doctors and Quentin hasn’t shown improvement despite multiple lubricant injections.
Padres manager Bud Black pegged the chances of Quentin returning at “50-50″ and Maybin’s odds might be even worse considering he’s seeking additional opinions.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)